Pre-eclampsia, a life-threatening pregnancy complicatio results when a pregnant woman diagnosed with pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure and protein in urine) or coma may develop seizures. In some cases, seizures or coma may be the first recognizable sign that a pregnant woman has pre-eclampsia. main symptoms of pre-eclampsia in women diagnosed with preeclampsia may be severe headache, blurred vision or double vision or spots. Blood poisoning is a common name used to describe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
There was never any evidence that the orderly progression of disease onset, with mild preeclampsia to severe preeclampsia, and then pre-eclampsia. The disease process can start soft and sweet stay, or may be diagnosed as pre-eclampsia, without notice.
- Approximately 5-7% of pregnancies are complicated by preeclampsia.
- Pre-eclampsia usually occurs in women at first pregnancy, but can happen the first time during a subsequent pregnancy.
- Fewer than one in 100 women with preeclampsia or eclampsia (convulsions or seizures) or coma.
- Up to 20% of pregnancies are complicated by high blood pressure. The complications of blood pressure, pre-eclampsia and eclampsia may represent 20% of all deaths that occur in pregnant women.
Causes of pre-eclampsia
- Nobody knows exactly what causes pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
- Because we do not know what causes pre-eclampsia or eclampsia, we have no effective test to predict the time of preeclampsia or eclampsia occurs in order to prevent or treat pre- eclampsia or eclampsia occurring (or recurring).
- Pre-eclampsia typically occurs in the first pregnancy. However, pre-eclampsia, one can see the twins (or multiple pregnancy), women aged over 35 years among women with hypertension before pregnancy, in women with diabetes and in women with other health problems (eg, connective tissue disease and kidney disease).
- For reasons unknown, African-American women are more vulnerable to pre-eclampsia and eclampsia than white women.
- Pre-eclampsia may be in the family, even if the cause is unknown.
- Pre-eclampsia is also associated with problems with the placenta, such as bearings too much, too little turnover, turnover, or how it attaches to the uterine wall. Pre-eclampsia is also associated with pregnancy hydatidiform mole in which the placenta is not normal and there is no normal child.
- There is nothing that any woman can do to prevent preeclampsia or eclampsia occurrence. Therefore, both the unhealthy and not helpful to blame and to examine and events that have occurred rehash or just before pregnancy or early pregnancy, which may contribute to the development of preeclampsia.
The Symptoms of pre-eclampsia
Is caractéristique crisis of preeclampsia. Similar to pre-eclampsia, and other changes of symptoms may be present and the variant function system organ affected. These changes affect mother may, only child, or more commonly affect both mother and child. Some of these symptoms gives women but most do not have.
- The most common symptom of preeclampsia, and is characterized by an elevated blood pressure. This could be the first symptom or only. Blood pressure may be very first few or quebec rose dangerously principles may be, the symptoms may or may not present do be. However, the degree of elevation of blood pressure varies from the one woman, and changes during the development and resolution process of the disease. There are women who never had significant increase of blood pressure (20% environment which women suffering from eclampsia).
- Widespread belief in quebec gissement the risk of preeclampsia rises with increasing blood pressure at 160/110 mm Hg Tops
- The reins unable to effectively filter have blood (as usual). It may lead to the presence of urine protein. Premier signs excess protein often found in urine obtained siège the operator. Overweight women are in rarely made changes symptoms associated with the protein urine. In the case extreme, affecting the reins, the quantity of urine produced significantly reduced.
- Of changes in the nervous system may specify a block of blurred vision, rather than the car, Severe headache, convulsions and occasional Sami Loss of vision. Any of these symptoms requires immediate medical attention.
- The changes affect the liver that can cause pain in the upper abdomen and may be confused with indigestion, or a disease of the gallbladder. More subtle changes affecting the liver who may affect the capacity of platelets cause blood clots, changes May be regarded as the excessive bruising.
- The changes affect the child's may who may cause problems with blood flow to the placenta and driving and children can not receive the adequate nutrients. Consequently, the child can not be done properly and develop maybe less provided quebec worst seems a blood count, seem reduce frequency and intensity of movements. You should immediately contact your doctor if you notice baby's movements slowing.
Treatment of Eclampsia
After pre-eclampsia develops, treatment is only able baby (if there is a pre-eclampsia before delivery). Eclampsia can also occur after birth (up to 24 hours after birth, usually). Rare, pre-eclampsia can be delayed and occur one week after delivery. There is no cure for pre-eclampsia.
Magnesium sulfate (IV) is the treatment of choice once and for pre-eclampsia develops. This treatment reduces the risk of recurrent seizures. Magnesium is a new treatment, a total of 24-48 hours after the last crisis. Magnesium can be obtained in an intensive care unit or unit of labor and delivery. A magnet is given will be strictly observed, to receive fluids intravenously and Foley catheter inserted in the urine (to measure urine production).
From time to time, the raids will require additional treatment with short-acting barbiturates, such as amobarbital sodium. Other drugs, including diazepam (Valium) or phenytoin (Dilantin) have been used to treat eclampsia, but they are not as effective as magnesium sulfate.
You can also receive treatment with blood pressure during treatment of pre-eclampsia. Common drugs against hypertension (in women with eclampsia) include hydralazine (Apresoline) or labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate).
When the woman's condition is stable after the attack, the doctor prepares to release the child. This can occur either by induction of caesarean or vaginal delivery. If you are already employed, may be allowed to progress, there is no evidence that the child has become a situation "difficult" or threatened by the seizure.
The closer the deadline, the more likely it will Cervical (ready for delivery), and induction of labor will be successful. Sometimes, medications such as oxytocin (Pitocin), are given to commence the work.
- The earlier in pregnancy (weeks 1924-1934), the greater the chances of success of induction (although induction is still possible). It is more common in cases of caesarean section, when the state requires pre-eclampsia in early pregnancy.
- If your child shows signs of compromise, such as reduced fetal heart rate, an immediate cesarean delivery to make.